Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The "Happy" Scarf is Done

Someone left a comment that the scarf I'm making for daughter looked happy (the yarn colors), so it will be known as the Happy Scarf. I finished knitting it tonight, so now all it needs is blocking. I think wet blocking it is going to be the way to go. I don't want to take chances with steam and ruin the yarn. Thoughts on that?

Here's a recipe for you. It is super easy and quite tasty.
Creamy Italian Chicken
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
1 package Italian dressing mix
1/4 cup water
1 8 block cream cheese, softened
1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
1 small can sliced mushrooms

Place chicken in crock pot. Mix water and dressing mix and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3 hours. Mix softened cream cheese and soup well. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken and cook for another hour. Serve over rice or noodles. If you're on a low fat diet, you could easily substitute reduced fat varieties of cream cheese and soup.

Has anyone made the Irish Hiking Scarf? I'm thinking of this for my next project. The pattern calls for 350 yards, and that's the exact amount on my skein of Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool. I wonder if this scarf would look good in that or if it would be better suited for a solid color yarn?

2 Comments:

Blogger marykat said...

Thanks for the recipe! It may be a crockpot kind of night. I haven't made the hiking scarf, but my sister did. She used woolease, though. I bet it would look beautiful with the mountain colors.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I made the Irish Hiking scarf for my husband with Classic Elite Inca alpaca, and I love the result. It's a solid, charcoal gray, and was lots of fun to knit. Give it a try!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home