Friday, January 28, 2005

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Brrr. It's chilly. We're actually supposed to get "wintry mix" of ice, snow, and rain tonight, if you can believe the weather forecasters. Just in case, we have a load of firewood on the way. Last year, we had ice and lost the electricity which meant no heat except the fireplace. I hope that since we're planning ahead, we'll not really need the fireplace except for romantic atmosphere!

I've decided to do the Irish Hiking Scarf in alpaca. So far, I have one repeat completed and have started into the next repeat. The yarn is working up beautifully. The only thing I've noticed is that I have to knit with a tighter tension with this yarn and pattern, because I was getting ladders between my knit and purl sections. I started the scarf last night and frogged it because of that.

Have you seen the new Knitpicks catalog? Mine came today, and boy oh boy! They are featuring their label yarn, and it looks divine! The prices are excellent, too. I want to order two books from the catalog, Scarf Style and Last Minute Knitted Gifts. My dear enabling husband wanted to know if I didn't want to try some of the new yarn, too! It's no wonder I love that man!!

Daughter went back to school today and made it through the entire day!! I think she's on the mend now. She was fever free today, thank goodness.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm glad your daughter is finally on the mend. She probably got sick from all the crazy weather we've been having.

Donna, yes, I make it up to Augusta once a month. Bill and I either stay one or two nights a month, depending on how fast it takes to get the job done. If you've ever seen a woman hogging the knitting section shelves in Borders on a Monday night, that's me ;)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

It's cold here in Chareston too.
I've been thinking about getting some of the Knit Picks yarn.

Vera
Vera's Crafty Blog
http://vhanna26.typepad.com

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've got snow here in the Upstate. And even the joyous thoughts of snow ice cream and horse-sledding (too much fun but oh so dangerous!) can't get me excited as I've got a terrible head cold! Grrr!
Glad to here E is better!!

Shea

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home