Thursday, February 10, 2005

Just One More Reason to Love You, "Mr. President"

This was in our local paper this morning: "One of the nation's oldest environmental research sites is earmarked for possible closure this fall, based on the U.S. Energy Department's proposed fiscal 2006 budget -which eliminates funding for *Insert Lab Name Here*." That's where husband works. I'd heard this news earlier this week, because the lab employees were told about it before it appeared in the paper. It seems Dubya wants to cut funding for a perfectly good enviornmental research lab probably to funnel bucks into his war. Congress could still come through with funding, but I'm a bit doubtful of that happening. Just one more reason to love Dubya and his Republican warmongering cronies. I just thank my stars that I didn't vote for this horse and pony show president.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well doesn't THAT just bite?! Yes, he wants more blood money, but the real issue here is that he thinks that "environmental research" is an oxymoron. He couldn't be less interested in preserving the environment - after all, it should last HIS whole life, right? I want to make a bumper sticker that says: "You voted for him--YOU suffer the consequences!"

Keeping my fingers crossed for your family's well-being, dear.

Love,
Lissa

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home