Monday, February 07, 2005

Today I'm 40

Today is my fortieth birthday. So many people have asked me if I'm apprehensive or upset about turning 40. What a silly question! Age is relative. I'm just glad to have lived to be 40 and to be as satisfied in the way my life has turned out as I am. I couldn't ask for much more. I have my health, a wonderful husband, an amazing daughter, a career that is really going somewhere, and just about any material thing my heart desires. I don't think I'll ever look around me and wonder "what have I done with my life?"

The only thing putting a damper on this day is Rebecca. Rebecca is our long hair kitty who wandered up to us last summer. I had to take Becky to the doctor Friday afternoon, because she has a urinary tract infection. Doc put her on Cefa-Drops (cefadroxil). Unfortunately, Becky seems to have developed a sensitivity to this drug. (Husband looked the drug up on line.) I'm smart enough to know that antibiotics can tear up a person's stomach, so it figures they can do the same thing to a cat. Poor Becky had diarrhea and vomitting last night. I feel so bad for her. She's not been sick today, but she's not eating either--probably doesn't feel like it yet--and she looks completely worn out. I'll be calling the vet as soon as his office opens this morning. It's scary having a sick pet; they can't tell us where it hurts or what they are feeling. Becky has a lot of love from the three humans here in the house as well as her other two kitty companions, so maybe that will give her strength. I'm hoping she'll soon be feeling as good as new.

I spun off and on all afternoon yesterday and ended up filling the bobbin on my Scacht. My yarn is fairly even and looks like it will likely turn out to be a sport weight. That's what I was aiming for, so mission accomplished! I still have a huge ball of roving to spin and will likely get at least a couple more bobbins full. I'm so pleased with how this yarn is turning out. Just a few more WIPs to complete and then I can start knitting this--as soon as I finish spinning it!

I picked up the poor little fluted bannister sock last night and comleted the foot rounds. (It is the second sock in the Six Sox KAL, and they are now on sock #4.) I have the toe decreases to do today, and then that sock is done. I wonder if I can pair a completed fluted bannister with a completed little shells (one in shades of blue and one in orange tones) and call them a pair of socks? I doubt that will go over well, so perhaps I'll just buckle down and make one more of each.

6 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your cat gets better! That is awesome that you and your daughter spin together. How old is she? We have two DD and when they are older I would love to share some of the same hobbies together.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Happy birthday, and many prayers for sweet Becky. It kills me when my guys are sick...

12:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Oh to be 40 again! LOL I turned 50 last month.
My life began at 40...so enjoy.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Happy birthday!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Happy, happy birthday! I hope your family treats you extra nice today. :) And get well wishes to your kitty.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Donna, Dear!
I hope your birthday brings you cheer.
And thank you to your mother, too -
Without whom we would have no YOU!

A spontaneous, original poem

Love,
Lissa (beein' silly)

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home