Friday, February 11, 2005

TGIF

After the week we've had around here, TGIF seems a pretty appropriate title for this post! It's so nice around the house tonight with everyone relaxing and doing what they want, nowhere to rush off to or anything. Daughter is watching a DVD; husband is combing some fiber; and I've been reading my massive blog list, baking cookies, and watching over the laundry. Yes, laundry is a chore, but it's not so bad. It's one of the ones I hate least. As soon as this last batch of cookies comes out of the oven, I'm heading into the living room for a little spinning time.

Tomorrow, husband will be 40. He's darned cute for such an old geezer! It seems like only yesterday that both of us were 18 year old naive college students. I wouldn't want to go back to that for anything in the world. With age comes wisdom, at least I hope that's true!

In celebration of his decrepitness (it is so a word!) husband will be enjoying lunch with 4 lovely ladies--me, daughter, and daughter's two best friends. We're going to take the girls to Olive Garden and then out to the ice skating rink. Of course, husband and I will be watching the skating from the sidelines and probably knitting a bit, too! We wouldn't want to embarrass daughter by showing off our fine skating abilities! haha!

Husband has gotten the most wonderful birthday present! Jonathan and Sheila Bosworth make some of the most gorgeous, well-balanced spindles to be had. I'm not a spindler, but when I hold one of theirs, it feels like magic. (Note to self: learn to spindle.) The Bosworths make some specialty spindles in addition to the wood ones, including the famous Moosies made from naturally shed moose antlers and Wooly Mammoths made from, you guessed it, Wooly Mammoth bones. Husband's Moosie arrived yesterday. It is the most gorgeous spindle I've ever seen in my life. The whorl looks like a piece of polished stone. It spins like a dream, or so husband tells me. I am itching to spin that thing....We were on the Moosie waiting list for a few months (yes, there is a waiting list) and it was luck that allowed this very special spindle to arrive in time for husband's 40th. I so wanted him to have something special to commemorate this birthday. He's such a special and wonderful guy to daughter and me. Honey, I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Very happy birthday to him! Hope it was a great one!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Bess said...

I have a bosworth spindle and I simply adore it. It's a very light one. I'm spinning some blue faced leicester into sock yarn with it.

Happy Birthday to a mere child of 40 from.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home