Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Weekend Wrap Up

What a busy, wonderful weekend we had. Saturday was husband's birthday and daughter's birthday celebration day. We picked up her two best friends as planned and set out for lunch at Olive Garden. Before I go any further, I've got to say what charming and polite girls daughter's friends are! The bond among those three is also amazing. It must be great to have friends who love you and who you love as much as these three do. I don't think that kind of bond exists among adults. We're all too busy with our own day-to-day lives to cultivate that kind of friendship.

Lunch was fabulous. The OG gang even sang to both daughter and husband. After lunch, we headed over to the ice rink. Fortunately, the rink wasn't too crowded in spite of it being Saturday and the popular "little kid birthday party day." The girls had a great time skating, and we enjoyed sitting in the almost warm snack bar watching them. After skating, we took our three very cold girls for....ice cream! We'd planned hot chocolates at the Borders book store, but it was so crowded we couldn't get in. We settled for sitting in the car eating ice cream cones, and everyone was happy.

Sunday was family birthay celebration for daughter which meant all the out of town family called and husband and I gave her gifts. Daughter received a pair of Tinkerbell pajamas and a robe from us as well as a box full of felting goodies from The Woolery.

You know that husband got his Moosie spindle as his birthday gift. I also got him an Ott lamp to go beside the couch. My chair is by the only lamp in our family room, and I feel guilty when he's trying to knit or spin a dark fiber with hardly any light. That won't be a problem any more. I also gave him the Irish Hiking Scarf I finished recently. I'd been planning that for him all along, and he'd been drooling over it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Donna. This is Seven. After I read you dont use credit cards, I have to read your blog. Your family is so going someplace good, I want to watch you do it! I thought you MIGHT be supportive of Bush, and am very glad you are sensible in that respect too. Good. AND you got your husband a moose horn spindle and an Ott light. You are one neat lady. Thats all, just wanted you to know I am here!

3:52 PM  
Blogger marykat said...

Oooh, I want an Ott light so badly!! What a great gift!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home