Saturday, May 21, 2005

Saturday S.E.X.

I went on a little S.E.X.pedition this morning and snagged 8 skeins of Cotton Ease, a Chibi (teal, because I have nothing to prove by flashing a pink one), and some odds and ends for my Knitty Secret Pal! The Cotton Ease will be a tank top for me.

I have some finished items to show you. First, here's a pre-felting picture of a catnip mouse I made last weekend for Mocha and Socks.

You can find the pattern at About.com. The yarn I used is hand dyed and handspun by me! I can't get the toy away from the cats long enough to make a post-felting photo. Daughter and I hand felted it, and really, we didn't do much except distort the stitch definition and bring out the fuzz in the yarn. The fabric firmed up quickly, and we were pleased with the results as are the lucky recipients.

Next, I got into a crochet mood last weekend, but didn't want to take on anything complex. Also, Daughter has outgrown last year's fuzzy flip flops, so there was a need!

The yarn is Bernatt Boa held double and crocheted with a size K hook.

Finally, here is a photo of my completed Market Squares Bag drying.

The yarn is Cascade 220. It felted easily, and the colors (I think) are fabulous!! I know that once my mom and mom-in-law see this, I'll have to make two more!! My bag is drying over the bucket of an electric ice cream churn. It isn't so "tube like" in appearance when you hold the bag by the handles. I'm debating whether or not to line my bag. I'll ponder that and will also give you another photo of this bag once it's dry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

The bag looks great. I love mine, and get lots of compliments everywhere I take it.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home