Sunday, July 10, 2005

My Name is Donna, and I am a Pack Rat

As we've been going through things during our move, I've discovered a few things about us. We seem to be quite fond of kitchen gadgetry and dishes. We have quite a lot of this stuff. We also like music as evidenced by the number of DVDs in our collection. Ditto books! We are also into crafts including sewing, fibery endeavors, bead work, and a few other odds and ends. The most frightening thing I have learned about myself is that I am a pack rat. That came crashing down on me this afternoon when I discovered a collection of Disney World bags. We're talking the plastic bags that your items are put into when you make a purchase. Our last visit to the Magic Kingdom was in December 2000--4 and a half years ago. Yes, I did just put them in the trash, thank you very much.

Thank you all for your kind words about our friends. Do keep that family in your thoughts and prayers. Another member of our group is spearheading the efforts to look after our friends, organizing the food chains, etc. She is one who loves to take charge of a situation and "rally the troops" so to speak. She knows everybody and everything about everybody! That's not necessarily a bad thing. It also helps that her daughter is best friends with the 12 year old who lost her dad. We need somebody to organize us and help us meet the needs of the family, and I feel confident that nothing is going to be overlooked with Kim in charge.

We watched a couple of movies this weekend--Miss Congeniality 2 and The Pacifier. I found MC 2 to be a dud. In fact, I left the room almost half way into the movie because I was bored. The Pacifier was very good. It was entertaining and sweet.

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Sometimes being a pack rat is good. My PR husband is constantly reminding me of this when I find I've thrown something away that I need.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Donna- I dread moving (if we actually ever FIND a house) because of all the stuff we've accumulated. We have a load in storage now, and I figure that if we haven't needed the majority of it in five years, we really don't need it anyway. We have bowed a little and decided that we will pack the baby clothes and get rid of them this time (since we don't plan to have any more kids).

Glad to hear your move is going well though.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home