Thursday, July 14, 2005

The In Laws Are Coming!

That's right. We're having our first "real" company since we moved. MIL and FIL are coming to see us on Saturday. I'm fortunate to have great in laws and not the judgmental kind. Well, if they are judgmental, they hide it will. My dear MIL has never, ever once told me how to raise my child, care for my husband, or keep my house. Yes, the woman is a saint. My one complaint about my in laws is that this is the first time they've visited us in over 8 years. You read that right--8 years. And they live maybe an hour and a half away max! We all get along just fine, so I cannot account for why they never would visit. Frankly, I'm not sure why they finally accepted my invitation to come this weekend! It must be new house curiosity. Hopefully this will be the start of them coming more often rather than us always having to go there.

I planted some half dead little things in the front planter box. We have a planter box right beside the steps, and I figured it would look nice with something green there. We got some mystery plants and some gerbera daisies last month, and they are still somewhat alive in spite of not being cared for. I hope that being out of their confining little pots, in the sun, and getting a drink of water will perk them up a bit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Well, I hope the visit goes well. Nothing like getting to show off a new house.

9:59 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Best of luck with the in-laws. I'm sure you and your house will charm the pants off of them.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home