Thursday, March 30, 2006

Photo Free Thursday

I've finished the Regia cotton socks--yay! They fit OK. I'm wondering if they'll shrink a bit when washed and dryed? If so, it will be fine, as they are a tad loose in the ankles. I must be losing weight in my ankles, haha!

Last night I cast on for some Fluted Banister socks for daughter. The pattern is from the Six Sox KAL. I did a pair last year in Sockotta (blues) and am repeating the process using pink/red/yellow/orange Sockotta. I love the yarn and the pattern.

We attended a painful soccer game yesterday. It was painful because the girls played so horribly. I think the coach was about to burst a gasket! In her post game talk to the girls, she told them they made a bad team (the opponents) look good. I must agree with her. I'm not Overly Competitive Live Life Through Your Kid Mom like some of them are, but I can certainly tell when the kids look like they are sleeping on the field. Oh well, only three more games and the spring soccer season is over.

Daughter is signed up for a couple of volleyball camps this summer and for CIT (Counselor in Training) camp. Volleyball is her true love, and she's actually pretty good. I don't see a need for her to be on every athletic team at school (some kids play a sport every season) when she can just concentrate on where her strength is and be her best at that. Also, she's really interested in art and drama and does well at both. She needs to allow time for those things, too.

Spring Break starts Monday, and I can't wait. I've taken the week off, and we're just going to do whatever we want. At least one day we're hoping to spend with one of her friends and his mom. We're talking about going to one of the mini-golf/amusment park things in town for some golfing and go cart riding. It should be fun. Daughter also wants help with a sewing project.

I'll try to get knitting pictures up over the weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our spring break is next week too, but I'm not taking the week off. I may take Monday, since my son comes back from the 8th grade trip Sunday night / Monday morning at 1 AM. Yawn! Who plans these things?

I agree with you about the activities; childhood should be when you try a lot of different things to see what you like.

9:41 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I think I have that same sock yarn in my stash that you described. I can't wait to see a pic of it knit up! Where is this 6 Sox KAL you speak of?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I hope you'll post a pic of your Regia cotton socks! Have a fun spring break.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home