Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ribbit

I tried on my bright sock last night, and my fat ankle was swimming in it. So...ribbit, ribbit. I started over with a 48 stitch cast on (still on size 3 US needles) and did a K3P1 ribbing. I think the ribbing looks better than the K2P2 did in this yarn. I worked up to picking up the gusset stitches last night and am pleased with how the sock is turning out. Of course, it's yet to be seen if the sock will actually fit me or if daughter ends up with this pair.

We watched Idol last night. It was not a pleasant hour! I really don't like Stevie Wonder's music at all, and I certainly didn't enjoy hearing any of the Idol contestants sing it. I think that Chris probably did the best with his rendition of a Red Hot Chili Peppers rendition of a Stevie Wonder song. It was far enough removed from SW to be somewhat tolerable!

My picks for the top two this year are Chris and Mandisa. I think they are vocally the strongest competitors. The weakest competitors, IMO, are Lisa and Bucky. However, I think Kevin will be voted off tonight. He bombed the SW song, but he has a good voice for other things. His version of the Josh Grobin song last week was awesome. Unfortunately for Kevin, I think the look is going to kill his chances, especially now that he's been compared to Chicken Little!

Here are my rankings (in best to worst order) for the guys:
Chris, Elliott, Kevin, Ace, Taylor, and Bucky. And, for the girls (again, best to worst order): Mandisa, Katherine, Melissa, Paris, Kellie, and Lisa. That is vocals only. My least favorite is of course Kellie. I don't find dumb, especially fake dumb, very attractive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

After 2 grueling days at work, I turned on the American Idol and could not get into it. I thought it was because my job was making me brain dead - now to see your comments, maybe it wasn't MY fault I didn't enjoy. Figures... only chance I get to watch the whole season, and it stunk.
48 stitches is what I have used on all my Fixation Socks. They fit good - but be warned... when you wash them, it takes forever for them to dry. I love the colors of yours.

9:01 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Poor thing does look like Chicken Little. He doesn't have a chance.

I don't like SW either. Why do you think Idol always uses his songs? What's all the hub-bub?

Amy

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home