Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Weekend Photos

No political rants today. The only good they do is make my blood pressure temporarily go down. I'm like my dad in that respect. Mom used to threaten to disconnect the TV because watching the news usually made his blood boil.

Today, I will share with you some photos from our weekend. Sunday was a busy work day for some members of the family, particularly husband. We've wanted a "water feature" of some sort in our yard since we moved in. Well, this weekend, we got one. Husband spent all day, and I do mean ALL day, Sunday working on a pond. We picked up a kit at Lowe's which included the pond liner, pump, fountain, etc. Here's a progress photo showing husband checking the level on the hole he dug.


And here is how the pond looks today.

It isn't complete yet. Husband isn't happy with the rocks around the edges and plans to put in landscaping blocks instead. Also, that black plastic dealy at the top is a water fall that will be covered with rocks.

These ponds are not easy to put in. A lot of digging and leveling are required. In other words, this is a job for a patient person which is why I didn't help much. I am not patient. Also, no matter how carefully the hole is dug, the liner will not fit properly. That is true.

I'm anxious to see how this project turns out in the end. I know husband has a lot of plans for it. We hope that the birds and squirrels will enjoy it, too.

Here's a photo of the hibiscus that I have on our deck.

It has bloomed like crazy! Isn't it pretty?

The completed Tivoli t-shirt has disappeared somewhere in daughter's room. I think she plans to wear it to school tomorrow, so I'll try to get her to hold still long enough for a photo.

Last night, I cast on for a new project: Tempting. I'm making it in blue Cotton Fleece. The fabric is gorgeous. I'll try to get a photo later.

I also just bought a new t-shirt pattern: Green Gable. It's made from Cotton Fleece, too. I saw the pattern link on Valerie's blog and couldn't resist. Yes, it's another t-shirt, but the lace bit is just adorable! I think I have enough rose colored Cotton Fleece left from another project to make this in the smallest size. No, I'm not that petite, but daughter is!

Send good vibes to daughter's soccer team, please. The outcome of their game today determines their place in the playoffs next week. Our girls have already beaten the team they are playing today, so we're hoping for a repeat. The fact that this team is one of their biggest rivals is also to be considered! :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
The pond your DH made is beautiful! I love the pink flowers on your deck as well. It's finally good weather where I am so I can get some yard work done as well. I love being out in the dirt!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home