Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Soccer

Yesterday, we drove a long way (almost 2 hours) through the backwoods (OK, the roads were paved) to go watch daughter's team play soccer. Our girls won, 9-0. Yes, the other team really was that bad. Our team was also pretty good! Daughter had a great time playing the keeper position (they used to call it goalie way back when I was watching college soccer). She saved 4 balls, which in plain English means she prevented the other team from scoring 4 times. Yep. She was beside herself with joy. We're rather proud of her, too.

Here are a couple of pictures from the game.





The girls have their last regular season game next week against a team they've already beaten once. I hope that our girls beat them again! If they do, our team goes to the playoffs!

I have no knitting news to report. I took along my current t-shirt project yesterday but didn't take it out of the knitting bag. It was so late by the time we got home and got dinner last night that I didn't feel like knitting. Hopefully, I can work more on the top tonight. I also need to post some progress pictures.....

It seems that most commentors were in agreement with me about the new Knitty. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Speaking of new publications, I was in Borders yesterday and picked up the new book written by a couple of bloggers and currently all the rage. I was really put off by the almost $29 cover price. A book has to be mighty special for me to spend that much. I know, I can order from Amazon and save about $10. Still, this book didn't do one thing for me. None of the projects looked very exciting, and I wasn't grabbed by the text content either. I guess this book isn't destined to become part of my knitting library. Oh well. That's money to spend on more yarn! :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Well, I'll have to disagree with you on the blogger's book - I rather like it. Not necessarily because of the patterns, but the content was nice. So I think it's a keeper.

Congrats to your daughter! I played soccer in high school and lemme tell ya, you couldn't have PAID me to play keeper. She must be pretty brave!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Way to go girls! I hope they make the playoffs.

You all have really settled in. The garden and flowers look great.

What t-shirt pattern are you using? I'm hunting for ideas for stash busting.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home