Sunday, April 09, 2006

No Knitting Pictures

I wanted to share some photos with you of what we've been up to this past week--gardening.

Here's our vegetable garden. See the birdhouse in the back right hand side of the photo? A chickadee nest is in the house.


This is the little planter box next to the garage.


This is one of the native azaleas that we bought earlier this week. We still need to decide on where it is going to be planted.


Finally, here are some of the azaleas that line our back driveway. Aren't they pretty? The bees and butterflies just love them.


I've started a Tivoli T-shirt for daughter. (I tried to find a link to the pattern, and it looks like Grumperina has re-vamped it since I saved my copy. It's now called the Picovoli T-Shirt and comes in a wide range of sizes rather than just the original size 36 bust.) I'm using Cascade Sierra Quatro in color number 87. I love the yarn. It's a pink/magneta/royal blue/lime green mix. Each color is a ply in the yarn--actually, I think that the different colors are multi plyed and then these plies of colors are plied together. Did I use the word ply or a variant thereof enough times in that sentence? hehe In any case, I love the yarn and the pattern. I'd like to make daughter a coordinating skirt to go with the sweater, possibly in a small floral print. Progress photos of the t-shirt will hopefully be coming soon.

It's a gorgeous day here today, so we have a date with the deck, some knitting needles and Tivoli for me and a spinning wheel for husband. I think daughter will join us and read a bit.

8 Comments:

Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Hey sweety!

YOUR FLOWERS ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

We miss you on the knittyboards, but I totally understand about wasting time LOL

Keep in touch and happy yarntime!

xo
anne aka roxy

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't spring wonderful!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Your garden and flowers are just wonderful! Such a pretty time of year for all your plants.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

I love the flowers and veggies.

Thanks for sharing.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this time of year for the azaleas and dogwoods! Unfortunately, it's also the pollen season, which keeps me inside most of the time...but I can still appreciate it out the windows. Lovely azaleas...and wasn't yesterday a gorgeous day??

8:10 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh wow. Your azaleas are just gorgeous! I envy the garden you're able to grow. It looks like a great place to spend time. And it seems the chickadee's agree! Sounds like you've had a lovely week! And I started a tee too! Great minds...

12:22 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Your veg garden is gorgeous! The native azalea is so stunning.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your flowers are beautiful, your vegetable garden is impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing what you get to eat out of it.

Mag

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home