Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sometimes It's a Hit; Sometimes It's a Miss

The new Knitty is out. As with any knitting magazine, sometimes Knitty bats it out of the park, and sometimes it's a strike out. For me, the Spring Knitty is an out. There is not one thing in this particular issue that I would make. Last issue, I loved a lot of things. The spring issue has a couple of cute kid sweaters, but I don't knit for little kids. T-twist is interesting, but it's not that different from the Tivoli that I'm already making. Hedera is a pretty sock, but it looks almost identical to one of the patterns in Socks, Socks, Socks. So, it's back to waiting for the NEXT issue of Knitty and for hoping that next issue brings something that I'll love. Don't let my disappointment in the Spring issue spoil it for you. You might just love this issue!

Yesterday and back to work wasn't too bad. It was a lovely day, and I'd much rather have been outside playing in the yard. Alas, there are bills to pay and playing in the yard doesn't earn a pay check! Oh well. It could be worse. I could have to get dressed up and go into an office every day. Telecommuting is much preferable to that.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kimswhimsy said...

Hi Donna! I feel the same... there's not so much I feel like making from that Knitty- or aspire to making. I have taken to skulking around the crafter knitting forum for ideas, even if they are only reconstructions or differentiations of other patterns.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

I felt the exact same way, minus Nautie. That's only because I'm a science nerd. Not one of the sweaters did a thing for me. Not to sound like a kiddie hater, but there was a lot of kid stuff that I don't knit either.

1:55 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yeah, I'm not a kiddie-hater either, but enough with the brat-patterns! I liked Ungranny Smith, and Convertible. I'm pondering Hedura, but I'll look for the similar pattern you mentioned from Socks Socks Socks. The measurements on the knitty version seem so, small. I'm a 9 with an 8 3/4 foot circumference and you want me to look at a pattern for a 7 inch one and think it'll fit? Bah.

2:38 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Yours seems to be the reigning consensus on the current Knitty. I agree too.

Amy

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agreed! i was uber-dissapointed :P

8:44 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

You are not alone! :D I liked Hedera (now I need to go and look at my Socks, Socks, Socks book) and I liked the lace/beads shawl but probably won't make it. Otherwise? Meh.

Oh well, it is free, so I guess I can't complain too loud. I look forward to a good Knitty next time around! (I hope! Although I've heard there is going to be another kids issue. Blech!)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Did I just read on Vera's blog that you grew up in Walterboro? Our business mgr. did too, and we like to tease her about her "low country" accent! I wasn't really inspired by the new Knitty, either, but sometimes it takes me awhile!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I agree with your Knitty review. I feel the same way about the current Vogue,
Li

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home