Sunday, June 11, 2006

As Seen on TV

Are there any other fans of the HGTV program Househunters out there? I love that show. If you've ever watched, I'm sure you've seen the prospective home buyer comment on the nasty carpet. Most of the time, the realtor comments that there's hardwood under there. That was true in the case of our home. We knew that the living room and dining room had gorgeous oak floors, because the former owners had them re-done just a few years before we bought the place. We also knew that there was oak in the hall and bedrooms upstairs. We didn't know how gorgeous it was until we started pulling carpet yesterday. WOW! Why anyone would want to cover such gorgeous wood with carpet is just beyond us. We pulled up carpet in the hall and one bedroom and are now working on removing the staples and carpet strip. That will be time consuming, but so worth it. The floors are in good condition, but we will have them re-done eventually.

The downstairs is carpeted, too, and it's old stuff. Unfortunately, there is no beautiful oak floor surprise waiting underneath. We know that the floor downstairs is just plain old industrial looking tile--functional stuff. We plan to have the carpet taken up and oak floors put in down there, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I'm jealous, I'm jealous, I'm jealous!! We pulled up our carpeting and found - plywood. Wow. Now you must take some pictures so I can cry.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Yeah, my real estate agent said that too. We had maple floors under there in my old home, but after pulling up the carpet we found lots of stains and warped boards. It was a bugger to fix.

I hate wall to wall carpet. I have no idea why anyone would want it!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home