Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Best Yarn

Hands down, the best yarn in the world has to be the one you spin yourself. I cast on a hat yesterday using some of the yarn I finished spinning this past weekend. I'm just doing a simple K1P1 ribbed hat, but it looks fabulous and feels even better. Pardon me for patting my own back, but I'm really impressed with the progress I've made in my spinning over the past few months. Amazing what practice and willingness to try something different will do. Carolyn, I feel sure you can spin thick singles. Just relax and go for it!

I'm currently working on a Valentine scarf using this pattern. I have loved this scarf since the day I saw it. I'm working mine in red Lanett Superwash wool. The scarf is going to need a gentle blocking to bring out the eyelets in the ribbing. I'm only about 4-5 inches into the scarf now, all ribbing. It's not a terribly fascinating knit at this point, but the result will be a beautiful scarf.

My Lendrum order is on the way from The Woolery. UPS tracking says it will arrive tomorrow, just in time for the weekend. I can't wait to play with my new goodies. Sherry, your comment about your long wait had me worried until I got my shipping confirmation.

Shea, regarding your comment from last post, I know exactly what you mean. I think we are in agreement so far as our views go. In fact, I really think we treat animals better than humans when it comes to end of life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Yay! I hope the whole order came in from the Woolery!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Pat your own back! Toot your own horn! Not a thing wrong with being proud. Especially when you're right.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home